As a nonprofiteer and lover of social media and social change I use this blog to share my ideas and experiences with others. However, I also realize that a blog doesn’t replace one-on-one conversations especially when it comes to planning your social media strategy, recruitment efforts, or career goals.
So if you like what you read on my blog and want some guidance, I encourage you to contact me. I would love to help you with the following:
Blogging: I provide assistance in developing content, strategy, setup, and effective outreach for organizations who want to blog.
- Within my first year as an editor at Idealist.org, I launched Idealist Careers, where we share tips, stories, and resources for people who want jobs in the nonprofit sector. The site has been featured in Business Insider, The Huffington Post, Lifehacker, and more.
- In a presentation to National Urban Fellows, I outline five challenges in blogging and how to overcome them. You can start there for some initial ideas.
Event coverage: Live blogging, live tweeting, and a comprehensive plan to successfully leveraging social media for an event.
- I developed and implemented the social media strategy and drafted marketing copy for Ignition 2013, an event by the Huffington Post and Ignite Good, a nonprofit that gives grants to millennials launching social enterprises.
- I provided live blogging coverage of the Emerging Practitioners in Philanthropy conference in Denver, CO.
- During International Women’s Day, I did post-event write ups for the Avon Foundation that summarized an event and included personal reflections and generated questions on twitter for a live chat with the CEO of the foundation.
Career counseling: Interested in a career in the nonprofit sector, but don’t know where to begin? I can help you figure out what steps you need to take in identifying the jobs you want and making yourself a competitive candidate.
- Working with the Chronicle of Philanthropy I offered advice to people who wanted a career in the non-profit sector.
Social media and your career: There are so many ways to connect and share with others. I can help you develope a personal brand and leverage social media to advance causes you care about and get access to positions you dream about.
- For two years, I co-hosted a monthly twitter chat with Rosetta Thurman of Thurman Consulting for young nonprofit professionals on a variety of topics including: personal branding, board membership, money management, professional development and more.