As a nonprofiteer and lover of social media and social change I use this blog to share my ideas and experiences with others. However, I also realize that a blog doesn’t replace one-on-one conversations especially when it comes to planning your social media strategy, recruitment efforts, or career goals.
So if you like what you read and want some guidance, I encourage you to contact me. I would love to help you with the following:
Blogging: I provide assistance in developing content, strategy, setup, and effective outreach for organizations who want to blog.
- In a presentation to National Urban Fellows, I outline five challenges in blogging and how to overcome them. You can start there for some initial ideas.
- I worked with idealist.org on blogger outreach for Nonprofit Career Month. From that experience, I shared several important tactics to consider when reaching out to bloggers for PR and guest posting.
Event coverage: Live blogging, live tweeting, and a comprehensive plan to successfully leveraging social media for an event.
- I provided live blogging coverage of the Emerging Practitioners in Philanthropy conference in Denver, CO.
- During International Women’s Day, I did post-event write ups for the Avon Foundation that summarized an event and included personal reflections and generated questions on twitter for a live chat with the CEO of the foundation.
Career counseling: Interested in a career in the nonprofit sector, but don’t know where to begin? I can help you figure out what steps you need to take in identifying the jobs you want and making yourself a competitive candidate.
- Working with the Chronicle of Philanthropy I offered advice to people who wanted a career in the non-profit sector.
Social media and your career: There are so many ways to connect and share with others. I can help you develope a personal brand and leverage social media to advance causes you care about and get access to positions you dream about.
- I cohost a monthly twitter chat with Rosetta Thurman of Thurman Consulting for young nonprofit professionals on a variety of topics including: personal branding, board membership, money management, professional development and more.
If you have a quick question or two feel free to shoot me an email. Click here to see the work I have done. This is a learning experience for me and I invite you to be a part of it!
Allison (ajlovesya [@] gmail [dot] com)