Happy new year, everyone! I recently wrote about six events that got the nation talking about nonprofits. However, as the year comes to a close I wanted to share some of the top posts from my blog: posts that got the most traffic and comments and posts that I had the most fun writing. Enjoy!
10 most popular posts (comments, traffic, and sharing-some are from 2009 and still get attention!):
- 7 ways to jumpstart your nonprofit career in 2010
- Reflecting on Martin Luther King Jr’s birthday
- America’s best cities for young nonprofit professionals
- Exploring the differences between community and elite colleges
- Rethinking social media internships
- Four ways young nonprofit professionals can build their networks on twitter
- Is America hungry for nonprofit leaders?
- Three fellowship for young social change makers in NYC
- 7 leadership challenges facing young people and nonprofits
- Five must read books for young people interested in social justice (and a gift for you)
10 posts I had the most fun writing and learned from:
- Internalized oppression and its impact on social change
- Online fundraising contests and their impact on fundraising and philanthropy
- The best and worst moments in my nonprofit career
- 7 things I wish I knew when I started my nonprofit career
- Three challenges in starting a social justice movement
- Blog action day: what’s your relationship with water?
- Making the most of your entry level job
- What type of social media for social change user are you?
- Interview: Stopping unemployment in Ohio and starting a movement for rural America
- In honor of the 4th of July let’s reclaim activism